For Students Currently in Grades 9-12
Academic & Extracurricular Planning
The first step towards achieving admission into your best fit school is to start with a strategic plan that’s tailored around your intrinsic interests and strengths. In customizing the appropriate strategy for you, we first conduct a student profile analysis, which is based on a range of factors including academic records, personal interests, extracurricular activities, standardized testing scores and more.
Once we’ve established your background and have an understanding of your goals, we will create a holistic and actionable plan that encompasses academics, extracurriculars, summer optimization, and standardized testing. We help you achieve each goal, step-by-step. In working with you on a one-on-one basis throughout the entire process, we’re able to provide unparalleled personal attention and customized solutions to the various challenges you encounter.
In the process of helping you overcome problems and achieve your goals, we also help you develop your critical thinking skills by working with you in analyzing and thinking through more efficient and creative solutions. The development of these critical thinking skills is ultimately what will help you achieve success in the long-term.
It’s incredibly important to effectively package your college applications to showcase your attributes and accomplishments. Starting as early as the spring of your junior year, we work with you in preparing college applications that’ll help you stand out as a truly unique candidate.
We guide you on a one-on-one basis across all aspects of the application process including:
- Selecting a comprehensive mix of schools that best fit your intellectual, social, personal and financial goals
- Planning your college visitation strategy in order to achieve the most out of the trip
- Preparing essays that are eloquent, insightful and memorable. Given that the essays are one of the most important aspects of the college application, we’ll spend a significant amount of time helping you structure and fine-tune your essays
- Crafting resumes that clearly and concisely showcase all of the student’s accomplishments
- Preparing for interviews with college admissions officers and alumni
Joh, Brown University (PLME), Class of 2027
“High school can be really tough and there’s lots of challenges that occur academically, socially and extracurricular-wise. One of the best things about working with my counselor was that she spent a lot of time helping me figure out how to overcome the different problems that arose. By working with my counselor through high school and for college apps, I was able to get into Brown and Brown’s medical school!”